I am unable to update Parallels Access. I get the following error message:
"Parallels Access cannot be upgraded while Skype is in use. Please close Skype and try again."
- I don't have Skype installed on my Mac, however I still have the error above. (occasional symptom)
- Restart your Mac while holding the Shift key down so your iMac starts in Safe Mode: OS X: What is Safe Boot, Safe Mode?
- Go to Applications folder and run Parallels Access.
- Proceed with Parallels Access update.
- Restart your Mac booting to usual mode.