When I am trying to connect to the Guest web-server (IIS) using Host (Mac) browser by typing the url (Guest IP address), the connection failed
- Windows firewall is preventing successful connection
- /etc/hosts file on Mac should be edited
Please follow these steps:
- Turn OFF Windows Firewall
Edit Mac Hosts file to include this line:
198.168.x.x Guest_Computer_Name(please note that the IP address equals the virtual machine's IP)
- open Terminal application (Finder/Applications/Utilities/Terminal)
execute these commands one by one and hit Return/Enter after each command:
(enter the password for your Mac user account, you will not see the letters)
Now you are able to edit the file:
- press i key to invoke "insert" mode of the text editor (vim)
write the following:
- press Esc button in order to exit "insert" mode
- press Shift+Z Shift+Z to save the file and exit it.
- Once you have done editing, please try to connect to Guest's IIS from Host's browser.