- How to boot virtual machine into Safe mode?
Open OS X System Preferences -> Keyboard and make sure Use all F1, F2 etc. keys as standart function keys option is enabled (checked):
Open your Virtual Machine Configuration pane -> Hardware -> Boot order and check "Select boot device on startup".
Start your Virtual Machine and make its window active (click on it).
Press F8 before the Windows screen appears (Windows 8.1 can require pressing Shift+F8).
NOTE: for better result we recommend to click on the Virtual machine window and press F8 repeatedly until you get to the Advanced Boot Option screen. If the first attempt fails, shut down virtual machine and try again
On the Windows Advanced Boot Option screen use the arrow keys to select the Safe Mode, and then press Enter.
If you use Windows 8.1, it will ask you to choose an option. Press Troubleshoot > select Advanced Options > choose the Windows Startup Settings option > finally hit the Restart button. After virtual machine rebooting you will be able to boot into Safe Mode from the familiar looking Advanced Boot Options screen.
- When working in the Safe mode is finished you can disable "Select boot device on startup" (Virtual Machine configuration -> Hardware -> Boot order).
Alternative way to Boot Windows 8(.1) virtual machine into the safe mode:
- Start the Virtual Machine.
- Press CMD + R combination.
- Type msconfig and hit Enter (return).
- Switch to Boot tab.
- Under Boot options, check Safe Boot and click Apply.