Parallels Desktop 7 for Mac Activation
You can find instructions for Parallels Desktop 7 for Mac activation with a full key here:
Instructions for activation of Parallels Desktop 7 for Mac with Upgrade key are available here:
Please see the list of most often issues with activation of Parallels Desktop 7 below:
1. I cannot activate Parallels Desktop 7 for Mac with a full license key (retail or online purchase at full price), I am receiving an error message that says:
a. This key is invalid
- The activation key is incorrect
You are entering the key incorrectly.
Please make sure you are entering the key correctly. If your activation key was sent via email, please activate by copying and pasting the key.
- The key is not for Parallels Desktop 7 for Mac
The key you are using is for an earlier version of Parallels Desktop for Mac.
If your key is not for the Parallels Desktop 7 for Mac version, you will not be able to activate a version 7 installation with this key. If you purchased a Parallels Desktop 7 license, please use that key for the version 7 in order to activate your version 7 installation.
- Parallels Desktop activation key is not recognized by Parallels Desktop.
Parallels Desktop activation key that is present in the licenses.xml file is not getting recognized by Parallels Desktop.
Refer to article http://kb.parallels.com/113647 for resolution steps.
2. I cannot activate Parallels Desktop 7 with an upgrade key, as the previous version key is not accepted.
The upgrade to Parallels Desktop 7 for Mac is only supported from the following versions:
- Parallels Desktop 5 for Mac
- Parallels Desktop 5 for Mac Upgrade
- Parallels Desktop 6 for Mac
- Parallels Desktop 6 for Mac Upgrade
If your previous version is Parallels Desktop 4 or earlier, you should buy a full license for Parallels Desktop 7.
Please note that Parallels Online Store only offers the latest version of Parallels Desktop software:
If you are interested in obtaining the latest version, check the system requirements to ensure it is compatible with your Mac: