Parallels Desktop 8 for Mac (build 8.0.18608) addresses overall stability and performance issues, and includes the following enhancements:
- Install Windows 8.1 Preview using Express installation.
- Work with Ubuntu 13.04 in Coherence view mode.
Microsoft Office 2013 support
- Resolves an issue with the Contact Card opening too slowly in Microsoft Outlook 2013.
- Resolves an issue with visual artifacts in Microsoft Outlook 2013.
- Smoother mouse scrolling in guest operating systems.
- Improved 3D graphics performance: playing World of Tanks, Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2, Counter-Strike: Global Offensive, and other games in a virtual machine became more stable.
- Resolves an issue with reverted colors on guest OS screenshots.
- Use Parallels Desktop on a Mac with OS X Mavericks 10.9 Developer Preview (experimental support).
- Work with Parallels Desktop on new MacBooks Air (Mid-2013).
Parallels Desktop 8 for Mac (build 8.0.18480, 8.0.18483) addresses overall stability and performance issues, and includes the following enhancements:
- Better compatibility with new iMacs.
- Create Boot Camp virtual machines on new iMacs with 3 TB hard drives.
- Create virtual machines from the Boot Camp partition with Windows 8 installed.
- Support for Fedora 18.
- Fixed visual artifacts when changing screen resolution in a Windows 8 Pro virtual machine with more than 256 MB of video memory and nested virtualization enabled.
- Resolves an issue with the Command + click combination not opening links in new tabs in Windows browsers (Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome, etc.).
Parallels Desktop 8 for Mac (build 8.0.18354) addresses overall stability issues and includes the following fixes:
- Resolves an issue with the built-in camera not working with Windows.
- Resolves an issue with some USB devices not working in virtual machines.
Parallels Desktop 8 for Mac (build 8.0.18345) addresses overall stability and performance issues, and includes the following enhancements:
- Option to disable edge swipe gestures in Windows 8 and Windows Server 2012, for those who often accidentally swipe from the edges of the touchpad and activate features.
- Improved connectivity to the Internet via a proxy-server.
Parallels Desktop 8 for Mac (build 8.0.18314) addresses issues related to upgrading Windows virtual machines to Windows 8.
Parallels Desktop 8 for Mac (build 8.0.18305) includes the following fixes and improvements:
Windows 8 support
- Support for Windows 8 one finger swipe gesture to display the application menu, list of running applications, and Charm Bar.
- Easily launch Windows 8 applications from the shared applications folder in the Dock.
- Full speed support for USB 3.0 devices.
- Protect Windows 8 from viruses with Kaspersky Internet Security 2013 that can be downloaded from Parallels Desktop.
- Easily access your OS X applications from the Windows 8 Start Screen.
- Windows 8 system notifications are displayed as Mountain Lion notifications.
- Fixed visual artifacts when launching Windows 8 applications.
- Launch Windows 8 applications on small displays from the Parallels icon || when Windows 8 is in Coherence.
- Improved visual process of switching Windows to Coherence.
- You can now assign up to 16 GB of memory (RAM) to a single virtual machine.
- Support for Windows Server 2012.
- New, more intuitive design to optimize Windows for working on Retina displays.
- Easily check the reclaiming disk space progress with a new progress bar.