SymptomsYou would like to share files between Host Mac OS and guest Linux OS installed in Parallels Virtual Machine.
CauseAutomatic sharing is set up in Linux OS only partially.
ResolutionLet's consider the following example of setting up the full file sharing in Ubuntu Virtual Machine.
- Install Parallels Tools from Virtual Machine menu ► Install Parallels Tools
- Find Parallels Shared Folders directory on your Desktop:
- Open directory - you already have your User Home folder shared with Ubuntu Vm after Parallels Tools installation:
- Open Virtual Machine Configure ► Options ► Sharing and choose Share All Disks option:
- Please check your Shared Folders directory - it has now both your User folder and Mac HD mounted to Linux VM.