SymptomsYou need to transfer Parallels Desktop installation to your new Mac.
CauseYou are not going to use Parallels Desktop application on your previous Mac and want to transfer it to your new machine.
ResolutionIn order to transfer your Parallels Desktop installation to your new Mac, please do the following:
- Download the latest Parallels Desktop build: please follow the steps in KB 112178
- Install Parallels Desktop to your new Mac using the downloaded image file
- Go to Parallels website and check your registered keys: https://www.parallels.com/account/products/
- In case you did not register your key, please contact your Customer Service in order to retrieve your key. https://www.parallels.com/support/request/
- Activate Product using the activation key from the Parallels Desktop menu ► Activate product:
NOTE: After activation, your old copy of Parallels Desktop installed on the old Mac will cease to function. In order to use Parallels Desktop on both machines, please purchase an additional full Parallels Desktop license: http://www.parallels.com/products/desktop/