InformationParallels offers three deployment options for Parallels Web Presence Builder, so you can choose the one that best fits your needs.
This article describes the main differences between these versions.
Parallels Plesk Panel: If you use Parallels Plesk Panel, you can host up to 1,000 websites per server by deploying Web Presence Builder inside of Parallels Plesk Panel.
This version is shipped with Parallels Plesk Panel. It is an integral part of the Parallels Plesk Panel distribution and cannot be installed on a standalone server. The package name is pp-sitebuilder. This version supports the same operating systems that are supported by Parallels Plesk Panel.
Web Presence Builder for Parallels Automation: If you use Parallels Automation and host 5,000 websites or more, your best choice is to deploy Web Presence Builder through Parallels Automation.
Parallels Automation for Web Presence is a software suite for hosting providers that is intended to operate under Parallels Automation. Parallels Automation for Web Presence is integrated with PA using two APS packages:
- Parallels Automation for Web Presence - the main application, which allows the editing and publishing of websites.
- Parallels Web Presence Builder - a connector package, which can be installed on a customer's domain to provide website publishing functionality.
For information and instructions on how to obtain and install Parallels Automation for Web Presence, please refer to the Parallels Automation for Web Presence Integration Guide located at http://download.pa.parallels.com/poa/SiteBuilder/11.0/.
Parallels Automation for Web Presence (standalone deployment): If you do not currently use Parallels Plesk Panel or Parallels Automation, you should choose the standalone deployment option. You will be able to use its built-in API to integrate it into other control panels, billing systems, and business systems.
This version is meant to be installed on a standalone server. It cannot be installed on a server that also has Parallels Plesk Panel or Parallels SiteBuilder 4.x installed.
This edition supports the following OSes:
- Debian 6 (32-bit and 64-bit)
- Centos 5.x (32-bit and 64-bit)
- Centos 6.x (32-bit and 64-bit)
This version does not have a web interface. However, there are two pages where you can install the license and check whether the installation successfully completed.
- https://<host_name>/License/ - this is the license management page where you can install your license.
- http://<host_name>/Try/ - this page can be used to check if the installation successfully completed.
To manage and integrate this edition with your software, RESTFul API should be used.
The standalone edition supports the publishing of customers' sites via FTP and XCOPY.
See the release notes for more details.