SymptomsYou have migrated virtual machine from PC which had been previously encrypted with McAfee Endpoint Encryption and it is not loading.
You can see the following message on the virtual machine screen:
Connecting to McAfee Endpoint Encryption Client for PC
CauseMcAfee Endpoint Encryption makes the booting extremely slow.
ResolutionIn order to sole this problem you need to disable McAfee Endpoint Encryption services manually.
You need to disable McAfee Endpoint service (and other McAfee connected services). Please make a backup of your virtual machine before any actions performed.
1. Start you virtual machine from Windows installation CD (the process is described in article 5223 for Windows 7 and 5138 for WIndows XP) -->
2. Enter Recovery Console (press 'R' on the first screen) -->
3. And run the commands below:
(it will get you the list of all services installed in Windows).
4. Find McAfee related services. e.g.
- SafeBoot Database Server
- SafeBoot Communication Server
- SafeBoot HTTP Server
5. Run the following command:
DISABLE "SafeBoot HTTP Server"
6. Try to restart virtual machine normally.
NOTE: please refer to McAfee article for more information: How to remove the old SafeBoot services (SafeBoot Database, Communication and HTTP Server).