InformationTo install MS DOS 6.22 as a virtual machine using Parallels Desktop for Mac 7 or 8 please follow the steps below:
1. In Parallels Desktop File menu click New...
2. In New dialog windows click "Install Windows or another OS from DVD or image file". Locate your MS DOS iso image file in Finder.
3. Specify the OS (Other WIndows) and name of your virtual machine and click Continue.
4. In MS-DOS setup window click F3 for several times to quit setup.
NOTE: If you are running Mac OS Lion host OS, please specify the keyboard mapping in Parallels Desktop Preferences > Keyboard settings (map F3 to any unmapped key combination)
5. After you quit Setup mode, Command Prompt window would become available. Insert the following command and press Enter:
6. Pick the first option in every option list and Y in the last one, restart the virtual machine.
7. Press F3 one more time to exit setup mode. In Command Prompt insert:
8. Shut down your virtual machine.
9. Open virtual machine Configure menu and go to Hardware > Boot Order > Put CD/DVD at the first place.
10. Start your MS-DOS virtual machine. Now click Enter for setup.
11. Choose formated partition in the setup settings.
12. After setup is successfully finished, disconnect MS-DOS iso from the virtual machine and shut down the virtual machine.
13. Open Configuration window and change the Boot Order back to normal:
14. Start the virtual machine - it should be up and running.