Symptoms may be the following:
- At the Windows startup, you can see a spinning wheel on the network connection icon (cannot connect to the network) for about 20 minutes.
- Devices and Printers folder is empty.
- You are not able to start an application (e.g. System Services applet, Autocad, Quicken, Internet Explorer or other browsers etc).
- In the Windows Task Manager, under Services tab some services have status “Starting” (LanmanServer, Spooler).
After 20 minutes services start and applications work fine.
LanmanServer service cannot start due to the issues with Printer Spooler service when one or several printers in Windows are corrupted or unavailable.
1. Open Windows Command Prompt (cmd.exe) and type the following commands line by line (hit Enter/Return key after each line) to fix issues with Spooler Service:
net stop spooler
sc config spooler depend= RPCSS
del /Q /F /S “%systemroot%\System32\Spool\Printers\*.*”
net start spooler
2. Remove all printers from Devices and Printers folder in Windows (right click and remove device).
3. Add printers to Windows (for example, using KB article #5036)
4. Restart Windows