SymptomsThis article includes instructions about iSight camera usage based on the Parallels Desktop for Mac version.
- Parallels Desktop 2:
iSight camera is not supported in Parallels Desktop build 1970 and less. Please update your software.
- Parallels Desktop 3 and
- Parallels Desktop 4 and
- Parallels Desktop 5 and
- Parallels Desktop 6:
To use iSight camera you ned to install iSight drivers (attached to this article).
(NOTE: This article applies to the following guest operating systems: Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7)
- Download Apple iSight Driver.
- Connect the iSight camera to the virtual machine. To do so please choose the iSight camera under the "Parallels - Devices - USB" menu.
- Double-click on the AppleiSightInstaller.exe to install the required drivers for iSight. Please follow the on-screen instructions.
If the "apppleisightinstaller" installation wizard does not start automatically then it means that either:
- The iSight camera isn't connected to the virtual machine or
- Boot camp driver 1.3 for iSight is installed in the system
HOW TO INSTALL THE DRIVERS MANUALLY
- Run your VM, start Windows.
- Open Device Manager (Start –> Run –> type “devmgmt.msc” and click “OK”).
- Click Devices in Parallels Desktop menu and choose “iSight Camera.”
- Check if iSight camera or any unknown device will appear in “Device Manager” after that.
- Insert the original Leopard DVD into the DVD drive of the Mac. Connect the disk to the virtual machine by choosing the "Default CD/DVD" drive under the "Devices - DVD rom" menu.
- Go to Start → Run. Type “CMD” and click “OK.”
- In Windows command interpreter type “CD DESKTOP”. Press “Enter.”
- Then type “appleisightinstaller –p”. Press “Enter.”
- iSight driver installation should start after that.
(NOTE: For newer computers, a 64-bit version of the drivers must be selected during installation, otherwise the process will fail.)
- Parallels Desktop 7:
They should be available and work fine in Windows without any additional settings.
NOTE: If you prefer to keep your cameras separate between Mac OS and Windows virtual machine, please go to Virtual Machine --> Configure --> Hardware --> USB Devices and remove a checkmark from webcams sharing:
NOTE: If you are not able to use iSight camera with Yahoo! or MSN messenger, please refer to one of the following KB articles: