To install and set up Parallels Desktop 7 for Mac, you need a Mac computer with:
- An Intel Core 2 Duo processor or better
- At least 2GB of RAM (4GB recommended to run Windows 7). Note: Your Mac must have enough RAM memory to use Mac OS X and its applications plus the memory required for each additional operating system (and its programs) that you want to use simultaneously.
- At least 1.4GB of space available on the boot volume (the volume that has Mac OS X) for Parallels Desktop installation
- 15 GB of available disk space for Windows
- Mac OS X Lion 10.7 or later, Mac OS X Snow Leopard v10.6.8 or later, or Mac OS X Leopard v10.5.8 or later
Tip: To identify your computer's processor, memory, and Mac OS X version, choose Apple menu > About This Mac.
For more information please refer to Parallels Desktop User's Guide.
Note: Parallels Desktop 7 for Mac is a 64-bit application. It means you will be able to install and run Parallels Desktop 7 for Mac only on 64-bit Mac OS X. Please ensure you have 64-bit Mac OS X before purchasing Parallels Desktop 7 for Mac.