SymptomsI want to use Microsoft PowerPoint on my Mac and prefer the Windows based version of this program. What should I do?
CauseSome Windows based applications have smoother interface and are more stable.
Or they simply don't have Mac OS X equivalent.
ResolutionPlease follow these steps to make it true:
1. Purchase and download Parallels Desktop 7 for Mac here.
2. Use your Windows CD to set up a virtual machine. Then install Microsoft Office for Windows.
3. Switch your virtual machine to Coherence view mode - click on View and choose Coherence.
4. Start Microsoft PowerPoint.
5. Switch it to Full Screen Mode. Press View and choose Enter Full Screen.
Now the PowerPoint window will take your whole Mac screen. You will not see your Dock.
NOTE: In order to quit this mode, please navigate to left top side of your screen and you will see the View menu again. Press Exit Full Screen if you need to get out of it.
5. Click on SlideShow.
6. Now your PowerPoint will run in Presentation mode taking the Full Mac screen: