- Nothing happens when attempting to open AutoCAD files from a Shared Folder in the Parallels Desktop 6 or 7 virtual machine.
- AutoCAD quits with an error message.
CAUSEAutoCad is receiving an invalid IP address (0.0.0.0) from the system.
Complete the following
- Open up your virtual machine and start Windows.
- Go to 'Start' → 'Computer' and follow this path: C:\Windows\system32\drivers\etc\hosts.
- Open up the 'Hosts' file in Notepad.
- Replace 0.0.0.0 psf and 0.0.0.0 .psf lines with 127.0.0.1 psf and 127.0.0.1 .psf accordingly.
- Save the changes and restart Windows.
- Try to open an AutoCAD file from a Shared Folder.