After having activated your copy of Parallels Desktop 7 for Mac with an activation key, you will be asked to register your copy of the product. Parallels highly encourage you to register your copy of Parallels Desktop 7 for Mac.
- Stay Current - all registered customers can enable automated updates and have most up-to-date software installed.
Safe - your activation key will be stored under your personal account and could be located at any time if required.
- Save - registered Parallels Desktop customers are always made aware of any discounts or promotions being held by Parallels.
- Support - register your purchased copy and get Technical Support for free. (For the first month you get free phone/chat support, and then for 24 months after the version 7 release, you are entitled to free email support.)
Note: with the release of Parallels Desktop 10 Parallels stopped support for version 7. Visit article #122643 for more information.
Basically, there are two ways to register your activation key:
Using in-built registration service
- On Parallels website
Once your copy of Parallels Desktop 7 for Mac has been activated, it will also prompt you to register:
A. If you already have an account with Parallels, please login using that email.
Enter your email address as well as your current account password.
You will see the registration dialogs with some of your account information already filled in:
Verify that your account information is up to date, and enter any additional information requested except the password (unless you would like to change your current password) and press Register.
Your Parallels Desktop 7 for Mac activation key will be registered to your existing Parallels account.
B. If you do not have a Parallels account yet.
In case you do not have an account at the Parallels web site, click on the Create New Account button at the bottom.
You will see the registration dialog for new Parallels users:
Enter the email that you would like to register your key with, and fill in other required information. Enter a password, confirm it, and press Register.
This will allow you to create your own account with Parallels and register your Parallels Desktop 7 for Mac activation key to it.
Registering on http://www.parallels.com/cross-platform-solutions/
A. If you have an account:
Login with your email and password at https://account.parallels.com/#/login
Go to Parallels Desktop menu: https://desktop.parallels.com/#/licenses
- Click on Add and copy/paste your activation key and press Submit
B. If you do not have an account:
- Go to https://account.parallels.com/#/login
- Click on Register
- Enter personal information and press Register
After that you will receive email with account activation URL. Activate your account.
To register your key, login to your newly created account, go to Parallels Desktop menu, copy and paste your Parallels Desktop 7 for Mac activation key and press Submit.
After key registration you will get your personal Support Code. For more information about Support Codes, check article #6837