SymptomsI experience issues with Crystal and Coherence view modes after upgrading to Parallels Desktop 6 or 7 for Mac.
CauseA problem occurred with updating Parallels Tools while update process.
ResolutionPlease reinstall Parallels Tools by clicking on Virtual Machine menu --> Reinstall Parallels Tools.
If re-installation doesn't start for some reason, please take the steps below:
- Launch your Windows Virtual Machine
- Go to Start --> Control Panel --> Add and Remove Programs (Programs and Features)
- Select Parallels Tools from the list and choose Uninstall
- Once Parallels Tools are uninstalled, restart your virtual machine
- Click on Virtual Machine menu and select Install Parallels Tools
And use this article for Parallels Desktop 7.