SymptomsYou get the following message when trying to convert your virtual machine:
Unable to add the virtual machine in %1.
CauseThe above error appears when Parallels Desktop is unable to convert a virtual machine to the new version because there are snapshots in that virtual machine.
Resolution1. Uninstall Parallels Desktop completely:
- Open the installation DMG file
- Double click 'Uninstall' icon
- Click 'Continue' and then select the 'Applications settings' to be removed as well
- Click 'Uninstall'
- Restart your Mac
2. Install the previous version of Parallels Desktop:
- Re-install Parallels Desktop using your old DMG installation file or the installation CD/DVD.
3. Launch your virtual machine using the newly installed version of Parallels Desktop.
4. Open Snapshots Manager (go to Virtual machine > Manage Snapshots...).
5. Delete all the snapshots.