Parallels Desktop displays the following error:
Parallels Desktop failed to perform an operation due to errors on the Mac hard disk.
Check Mac hard disk for errors:
- Start from your Mac OS X Install disk (if you are using OS X Lion, you may use the Install disk from the previous version of Mac OS X): Insert the installation disk, then restart the computer while holding "C" key.
- When your computer finishes starting up from the disk, select your language and choose Disk Utility from the Installer menu. Important: Do not click Continue in the first screen of the Installer. If you do, you must restart from the disc again to access Disk Utility.
- Click the First Aid tab.
- Click the disclosure triangle to the left of the hard drive icon to display the names of your hard disk volumes and partitions.
- Select your Mac OS X volume.
- Click Repair. Disk Utility checks and repairs the disk.
Tip: Always start up your computer from an Install or Restore disc when using Disk Utility to verify or repair your startup volume. Otherwise, you might see some disk error messages.
Note 2: If you do not have a Mac OS X Install disk at all, you may use fsck utilityto repair your disk. You may find instructions on how to use it in this article ("Use fsck if necessary" paragraph):