Parallels Desktop 9 for Mac can be activated in the following ways:
Immediately after the application is installed and the key is registered.
- After it has been activated with a trial key.
Please find your activation path below to learn how you can get your copy of Parallels Desktop 9 for Mac activated.
1. Immediate Activation
Once you have completed registration of Parallels Desktop 9 for Mac key, Parallels Desktop will prompt you to activate it.
Note: Internet connection is required for immediate activation.
If your Mac is connected to the Internet, but you still have issues with activation, please refer to the article:
- Please enter your activation key (dashes will be added automatically):
- Once you enter the key, it will be validated.
If the key is valid, it will be marked with a check mark:
If the key is not valid, it will be marked with a red cross sign:
Check if you entered the key correctly.
- If the key has been successfully validated, click Activate.
If your Mac is connected to the Internet, Parallels Desktop 9 will be successfully activated.
If your Mac is not connected to the Internet, you will not be able to permanently activate Parallels Desktop 9 and will only be able to use the non-activated copy of Parallels Desktop 9 for 14 days. If Parallels Desktop 9 is not activated within 14 days, it will be blocked.
To permanently activate Parallels Desktop 9 with a commercial key, you need to connect your Mac to the Internet or proceed with manual activation.
In case your Mac cannot be connected to the Internet, activate Parallels Desktop 9 manually.
- Once you try to activate Parallels Desktop 9 without Internet connection, "Unable to confirm the product license" notification will be shown:
- On the next screen you will see manual activation instructions:
To complete activation of Parallels Desktop 9, copy your alphanumeric activation ID and email it to firstname.lastname@example.org or insert it into the web page https://activatepd.parallels.com/.
- Once you receive a Confirmation Code, enter it into the field and click Activate.
2. Activating after using a trial version of Parallels Desktop 9 for Mac
If you installed Parallels Desktop 9 for Mac using a trial license, you can upgrade it anytime to a full commercially purchased license by following the instructions below:
Launch your Parallels Desktop 9 for Mac application.
Go to Parallels Desktop and select Activate Product from the drop-down menu.
Enter your purchased key for Parallels Desktop 9 for Mac.
- Click Activate.
If your Mac is not connected to the Internet, see Manual Activation section above.
Activating with an Upgrade Key for Parallels Desktop 9 for Mac
If you purchased an upgrade key for Parallels Desktop 9 for Mac and need instructions on activating your copy, please see the following Knowledge Base article to learn how: http://kb.parallels.com/116848.