SymptomsPBA-E put a customer on credit hold even though customer has credit limit which is not exceeded.
ResolutionAn account will be put on credit hold automatically if the following conditions are met:
- There is overdue invoice after its grace period ended.
- Customer account balance is negative and hold period has ended.
- The parameter Put Account on Credit Hold in the Credit Terms of the customer account is set to Automatically.
Grace period for invoices and Hold period for an account are defined by Credit Terms which are assigned to the customer account:
- Grace Period (days) - The field displays the invoice grace period starting after the invoice due period ends.
- Hold Period (days) - The field displays the hold period starting if an account balance is below zero.
If customer has old unpaid invoice(s) it means the customer owes money to the Provider, and the account will be put on creadit hold automatically by PBA-E in accordance with grace and hold periods even if the Credit Limit is not exceeded.
Credit Limit allows services provisioning before payment, it does not affect putting account on credit hold if it has old unpaid invoices.
The picture below shows when exactly customer account will be put on credit hold:
The picture shows that both parameters 'Grace Period' and 'Hold Period' from Credit Terms are taken into account, this means that both periods must pass before account will be put on hold automatically.