RESOLUTIONNote: If you are using Parallels Desktop 7, please go to your virtual machine configuration and make sure the "Add all Mac printers" check-box is empty.
- In Mac OS X, open System Preferences → Sharing → Services and enable the Printer Sharing service.
- Go to System Preferences → Print & Fax → Sharing and make sure that your printer is enabled in the "Share these printers with other computers" list.
- Make sure that your printer is able to print from the Mac side (print a test page).
- In Windows VM download and install Apple Bonjour for Windows - http://www.apple.com/support/downloads/bonjourforwindows.html
- When Bonjour installation is complete, start Bonjour Printer Wizard on your Windows desktop.
- Click Next. Select your printer from the Wizard's Shared Printers list and click Next.
- You should select either Generic/Postscript driver for your printer or your printer particular model if it's available in the list. Hit Next.
- Click Finish and try printing any document using the Bonjour printer.
If Bonjour printer doesn't work after completing Bonjour wizard, do the following:
- Uninstall any native drivers for the printer from Windows you may have already installed.
- Make sure you have selected Bonjour printer when issued print command. Windows may show you several printers available.
Please also check Firewall settings on the Mac side (System Preferences > Security > Firewall tab) and try to set 'Allow all incoming connections' option.
- Apple - Mac OS X - Bonjour
- Bonjour services from Apple for Windows 2000/2003/XP/Vista - Bonjour for Windows
- Learn more about the technology in Bonjour
- Bonjour Printing Specification
- Apple Developer Connection - Bonjour
- Bonjour (software) from Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia