SymptomsWhile starting Windows virtual machine you see the black screen and the following error message:
SCSI controller is not installed
CauseThere can be a number of reasons that your virtual machine is not starting with this error message:
- There is no operating system installed in your Virtual Machine.
- You virtual harddrive is corrupted.
- There is a wrong harddrive interface set in virtual machine configuration.
Resolution1. There is no operating system installed in your Virtual Machine.
In order to use Windows on your Mac you need to install Windows operating system into the Parallels virtual machine. For more information please refer to the How to install Windows on Mac using Parallels Desktop? article.
2. You virtual harddrive is corrupted.
In order to retrive you data please do the following:
1. Locate the .pvm bundle of the Virtual Machine > right click and choose "Show package content"
2. Choose .hdd file > right click > open with Parallels Mounter. Virtual hard drive will be mounted on Finder.
3. Locate the files you need and copy them to the mac side.
3. There is a wrong harddrive interface set in virtual machine configuration.
Go to Configure > Hardware > Hard Disk 1 and change the Interface to IDE 0.0.
NOTE: In case none of the above solution was helpful, please contact Parallels Technical Support.