Resolution 1: Using mkinst_flash scriptStarting from Parallels Cloud Server 6, the mkinst_flash script will be supplied on the installation ISO image. So far, it is possible to create an installation USB pendrive using the attached script:
[root@myserver ~]# ./mkinst_flash
Usage: mkinst_flash ParallelsCloudServer.iso /dev/flash_dev [ --efi | --mbr ]
"mkinst_flash parallels-server-6.0.0-149-x86_64.iso /dev/sdb" for example
Resolution 2: Using UNetbootinThe steps below describe how to install Parallels Server Bare Metal 5 via a USB drive, using UNetbootin to create a bootable USB drive.
NOTE: This method works only for non-EFI boot.
1. Download the latest UNetbootin binary for your operating system.
2. Plug in a USB stick formatted to FAT32 filesystem.
3. Select Diskimage as the source and point to the Parallels Server Bare Metal ISO.
4. Make sure you have selected the correct USB drive as your target.
5. Press OK and wait for copying to complete.
6. Unplug the USB drive.
7. Plug the USB drive into the server's USB socket.
8. Boot from the USB drive. You may need to use the BIOS manual for your server's motherboard to configure booting from your USB drive.
9. Select @PRODUCT@ @VERSION@ in the UNetbootin installation menu.
10. Proceed with the Parallels Server Bare Metal installation as per the Installation Guide.